GeoAvatar formed in 2016 to provide high-quality quick-response drone (sUAS) solutions to fill the existing niche between amateur operators and large service companies.
- All sUAS (drone) flights conducted by FAA certified pilots/observers
- Standard compliance:
- Flight and maintenance logs for all drones and projects
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) communications
- Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) monitoring and verification
- Standard Notice to Airmen (NOTAM)
- All personnel and flights insured
Led by a University of Kansas alumnus and former University of Tennessee professor, GeoAvatar provides prompt, accurate, visually-impactful results to clients. Over three decades of research and teaching in the field of geophysical imaging give the team a solid foundation for clearly communicating project objectives while simultaneously operating with the cutting edge in hardware and software using an evidence-based framework. Our small size helps keep overhead costs low while maintaining the highest standards in results.
For background on other geophysical research and to review expertise in survey design, instrumentation, software, data processing, and data analysis, see Google Scholar [https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=3gPjucUAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=sra]
In addition to our drone-related business solutions, we have a not-for-profit 501(c)3 branch (GeoAvatar.org) to benefit educational and other community needs.